Administrative Assistant to the General Manager
WMUK 102.1 FM at Western Michigan University seeks a full time Administrative Assistant Senior.
Position Summary: Provides administrative and budgetary support in a lead capacity for the General Manager of WMUK 102.1 FM, Western Michigan University’s NPR member station. Position is also responsible for executive administrative functions of the department. This includes budgeting and finance, payroll, development support, office management, records management, and other duties as assigned.
Financial & Budget:
- Provides lead budgetary support for the department. Prepares and analyzes budget reports, monitors, tracks, reconciles, forecasts, and recommends budget allocations. Maintains financial records and reports.
- Implements strategic financial plans for the Station in coordination with the GM.
- Processes all invoices, contracts, accounts receivables and payables.
- Assists GM, accountant and auditors with financial worksheets and documentation for annual independent station audit, as needed.
- Performs executive administrative tasks for the department including routing legal agreements for review, managing service contracts, and billing.
- Serves as liaison within and outside of the University regarding station office facilities, personnel, purchasing, invoicing, broadcast payments, etc. Responds independently to inquiries, as appropriate.
- Serves as principle payroll timekeeper.
- Coordinates office functions, initiates correspondence, and oversees supplies.
- Uses word-processing, PDF and spreadsheet software to produce and edit complex letters, reports, spreadsheets and other documents.
- Provides input to GM on development of departmental policies and procedures.
- Supervises front desk reception and clerical assistance staff and student employees, as applicable. Occasional reception and inbound call routing duties.
Membership & Database Support:
- Processes listener donations via Allegiance donor database or comparable CRM systems.
- Assists with member correspondence, recordkeeping and response mailings.
- Assists with execution of station pledge drives.
Administrative Support to GM:
- Supports GM in ensuring that FCC Public File and other regulatory documents are updated and maintained in a timely manner.
- Updates the content of WMUK’s Open (Public) Records webpage.
- Provides secretarial and administrative support to the GM, including managing GM’s calendar, and handling of sensitive, critical and confidential documents.
- Prepares correspondence for internal and external distribution, schedules meetings and calls, prepares agendas and records minutes.
- Assists GM in filing all records and maintaining a consistent paper and digital-based records system.
- Aides GM in preparing for and tracking grant requests and funds.
- Takes or transcribes notes from GM as needed.
- Associates degree or higher.
- Five years’ relevant experience in budgetary oversight and office management, including creating, tracking and reconciling budgets.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (2016 or higher).
- Experience with using and querying databases and entering budget data.
- Able to positively communicate with diverse people, including station visitors, volunteers, employees, vendors, freelance producers and other University departments.
- Strong verbal, writing and editing skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field.
- Seven years' relevant experience in budgetary oversight, office administration, executive assistance, human resources, finance or accounting.
- Familiarity with Western Michigan University accounting and budgeting systems, including Banner, GLOW, JES, and PeopleSoft.
- CRM database and web application management experience. Allegiance or Millennium knowledge a plus.
- Understanding of budget management principles and best practices.
- Knowledge of and interest in National Public Radio (NPR).
Reports to: Stephen Williams, General Manager, WMUK 102.1 FM
For complete description, minimum requirements and application procedures, visit our website at: http://www.wmich.edu/hr/jobs. Posting #0604925. Only applications submitted through this site will be considered. WMU is an AA/EO employer. Minorities, women, veterans, individuals with disabilities and all other qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.