Jazz Currents is previewing some of the jazz artists that are performing at The Gilmore Keyboard Festival this spring. This episode introduces Michel Legrand, Elio Villafranca and Ariel Pocock.
One of the great composers of film and television, Michel Legrand, will grace the Gilmore stage with his trio. The Grammy and Academy Award winner will be in concert on Sunday, May 8.
Cuban-born pianist Elio Villafranca, brings his Latin Jazz flavor to the Gilmore Keyboard Festival and shows why he has worked with everyone from Wynton Marsalis to conga legend Candido Camero.
The young singer and pianist Ariel Pocock, showcases music from her new album Touchstone which features jazz standards, as well as, covers by Randy Newman, Tom Waits, and James Taylor.
For a complete schedule and ticket information visit Thegilmore.org
Music in This Episode:
1. Watch What Happens (Michel Legrand) from Michel Legrand by Michel Legrand
2. What Are You Doing The Rest Of Your Life (Michel Legrand) from Sarah Vaughan with Michel Legrand
3. The Dream (Michel Legrand) from Miles Davis/Michel Legrand Dingo Motion Picture Soundtrack
4. The Summer Knows (Michel Legrand) from Michel Legrand The Warm Shade of Memory
5. Moulin Rouge (Bill Engvick & Georges Auric) from Michel Legrand Paris Jazz Piano
6. Saghezi (Elio Villafranca & Arturo Stable) from Elio Villafranca & Arturo Stable Dos y Mas
7. Descarga Patato (Chembo Corniel) from the Chembo Corniel Things I Wanted To Do
8. Caribbean Tinge (Elio Villafranca) from Elio Villafranca Jass Syncopaters Caribbean Ting- Live at Dizzy's Cola Cola
10. Barrel Roll (Ariel Pocock) from Ariel Pocock Touchstone
11. Touchstone (Ariel Pocock) from Ariel Pocock Touchstone
12. The Fates (Jeremy Siskind) from Jeremy Siskind Simple Songs For When the World Seems Strange