Part-time Development Associate
WMUK-FM seeks a Part-time Development Associate to join our growth-oriented development team, supporting our daily member experience and providing strategic support for revenue growth.
WMUK-FM is public radio from Western Michigan University and a founding NPR member station. We are the Kalamazoo-based NPR affiliate for the West Michigan region. Situated halfway between Detroit and Chicago, 102.1 FM is our flagship NPR News and Information service, broadcasting across West Michigan and Northern Indiana. Classical WMUK broadcasts 24/7 on 89.9 FM and the HD-2 channel of 102.1 FM.
We are looking for a qualified candidate who will assist in executing WMUK-FM's revenue-development strategies and activities as defined by the Development Director. The Development Associate supports the daily member experience at WMUK and assists in all aspects of Development. This is a part-time non-benefits eligible position, reporting to the Development Director.
Our mission is to share knowledge, explore ideas and tell compelling stories that engage listeners and communities across Western Michigan and beyond. Our vision is to become the regional NPR station of choice for a growing community of public radio listeners and supporters.
- Development Support: Interfaces with public, members, university staff and other funders. May coordinate station volunteers. Assists with executing fundraising and membership campaigns.
- Communications Support: May create and edit communications with public through print, on-air and online media. Assists with web applications as related to fundraising. Supports development events and coordination activities.
- Membership Services: Cultivates and maintains relationships with station members and listeners. Fields and answers or refers questions and feedback from members. Processes member donations. Develops, interprets and resolves issues related to membership procedures and policies.
- Database Management and Data Analysis: Maintains donor database integrity. Enters, manipulates and verifies data. Provides data selection, reporting analysis and interpretation.
- May help with other development functions as assigned.
- Minimum three years combined administrative office and or non-profit development experience.
- Strong computer knowledge with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, CRM software, and web-based applications.
- Experience successfully interacting with diverse groups of people, i.e., volunteers, other university departments, donors, and vendors.
- Experience writing and editing materials for fundraising.
- Familiarity with and interest in National Public Radio.
- Direct experience with Salesforce and/or Allegiance Fundraising CRM software.
- Three or more combined years’ experience in non-profit development and/or public radio fundraising.
- Previous marketing or public relations experience.
- Familiarity with Corporation for Public Broadcasting and Federal Communications Commission requirements.
Reports to: Kim Willis, Development Director, WMUK-FM
This is a part-time position that will average 20-25 hours of work per week at $18 to 21.50/hr., based on experience and applicable skills.
Submit cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include subject line: "Development Associate"
Position open until filled, first review: July 25, 2022. Western Michigan University is an AA/EO Employer. Minorities, women, veterans, individuals with disabilities and all other qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.